LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

What’s On Your Multistrada 950 Road Trip Checklist?

Picture courtesy of Ultimate Motorcycling.

It pays to be prepared, more so when you’re going to embark on a long-distance road trip atop a Multistrada 950. For some, the first trip can be daunting during the packing phase, especially when space comes at a premium. At times like these, a checklist from veteran riders could prove to be priceless.

RideApart, a well known motorcycle publication, has released a short list of nine things you need to take on a motorcycle trip. Though the guide itself may be old, the essentials are still relevant to his day.

When travelling with a friend or with the help of a GPS, it helps to have a bluetooth headset for communication purposes and it’s just safer to have directions verbalized compared to constantly looking down at a map. Of course that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pack a physical map. Speaking of ear related gadgetry, an oldie but a goodie is a set of ear plugs, something to block out loud wind noises because you don’t need to lose your hearing after a long road trip.

Not every road will be perfectly kept, so a can of fix-a-flat may be a good item to have, as is a tool kit. When the time comes, you’ll be thankful for that wretch or screwdriver. Maybe even pack in a headlamp in case something breaks at night.

Then there are the odds and ends like a battery pack for your electronics, second pair of gloves in case your first pair get wet somehow, and of course cash because some places won’t accept card.

These are just a few suggestions of things you may need to pack. Let us know what’s on your road-trip checklist below!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 07:09 PM

Planning to buy a Bluetooth headset in the nearest future. A friend of mine suggested me Bose noise canceling headphones (those for $400). Did anyone here have a chance to try them?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 09:18 AM

those really compact rain coats are a must. I was once caught in the rain and that was not a fun experience, everything was soaked through and you just hated life at that moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 04:51 PM

I wish we had Apple CarPlay or Andriod Auto as a feature like the new Honda GoldWing since that would go a long way to keep us connected while on the road. Too bad the first to do it had to be Honda and not Ducati but the Japanese keep pushing to be first! Italians need to step it up.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 06:40 AM

also just thought of this, when it comes to clothing I usually stick to the 4-5 day supply rule and there are plenty of laundromats of public washers no matter where you go in the world.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page