1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yukon42

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ready to install GIVI rapid release side case racks

Getting ready to install some Givi side case racks; PLR7406CAM rapid release. Needed to fabricate a bracket to relocate the rear shock pre-load handle so the left rack would clear. There IS a bracket on the market to do this, however everyone I checked with did not have it in stock. So just made one.
ATGATT likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Racks went on smooth as butter. Fabricated bracket worked great moving rear shock pre-load bracket out of the way. Now if I could find a CRUISE CONTROL/THROTTLE LOCK that will work on it.

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950
'14 Ultra Classic HD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bought some Kappa aluminum panniers, look like GIVI's, mount system was the same on the bottom; matched right up to the racks. But top was not going to work as the panniers used a cam type locking system to lock onto the racks. Anyway, stripped the GIVI mount bar off the top of the racks and using existing holes in the top of the racks after mount bar removal, drilled matching holes in the Kappa panniers and just bolted them right up. Works well and very solid. Now if I want to take them off I just remove the whole rack system using the cam locks of the Givi mount; 4 cam locks per side and they're off!

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950
'14 Ultra Classic HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 PM

Went to a lot of trouble to get a 7406Camkit (the adapter) sent from Italy. And the **** thing doesn't fit. The bolt on the back of the preload adjuster extends into the heat shielding on the under tail plastic.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runway37 View Post
Went to a lot of trouble to get a 7406Camkit (the adapter) sent from Italy. And the **** thing doesn't fit. The bolt on the back of the preload adjuster extends into the heat shielding on the under tail plastic.
Bummer. The first bracket I made was a bit too long and I had the same problem as you wherein the back of preload adjuster bumped up against the undertail. So I made another a bit shorter and it worked fine. I just used a bit of flat stock I got from Lowes/Home depot and 2 spacers (you can see them in the photo of the rear of the adjuster) to allow the adjuster to standoff the bracket when bolted on. The first photo is taken from the exhaust side of the bike, second photo from the other side looking up at the adjuster. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	298   Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	306  

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950