LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

First ADV Bike

Hey guys,

I've been riding bikes for decades, but for one reason or another I've never been too interested in the adventure offerings. That was until I came across the multistrada. Suffice to say I was happy to stumble upon this forum and see so many enthusiasts around this bike. I've decided that for my next purchase I'd like to get something with a little more versatility. I'm excited to learn more and see exactly what I've been missing out on.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Hey guys,

I've been riding bikes for decades, but for one reason or another I've never been too interested in the adventure offerings. That was until I came across the multistrada. Suffice to say I was happy to stumble upon this forum and see so many enthusiasts around this bike. I've decided that for my next purchase I'd like to get something with a little more versatility. I'm excited to learn more and see exactly what I've been missing out on.

This will help you: Adventure Rider

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950
'14 Ultra Classic HD
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

I too have been riding for nearly 50 years, Dual Sport, sportbikes and sport tourers. Never was interested much in the adventure bikes until I saw the Multistrada. I have put 8000 miles on my 950 since July and I believe it may turn out to be my favorite bike of all.

just a ragged clown behind...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lather View Post
I too have been riding for nearly 50 years, Dual Sport, sportbikes and sport tourers. Never was interested much in the adventure bikes until I saw the Multistrada. I have put 8000 miles on my 950 since July and I believe it may turn out to be my favorite bike of all.
Thats great to hear, as I'm really still just in the learning stages in regards to adventure bikes. What about it do you think sets it apart from the sport/touring bikes you've owned in the past?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:32 PM

It is so easy to ride, either fast or slow because it is so well balanced. It is just as comfortable as my Concours 14 and handles as well as my Yamaha r3 and way more comfortable. The 1098 I traded in for the Multistrada was hard to ride and uncomfortable. I always felt like I was riding a cruise missle! The Multi being comfortable makes it easy to concentrate on riding.

I owned sport bikes for years and did many track days. Steering with body english became a habit on the street as well as the track but the Multi steers so easily I find myself going just as fast through my favorite curves without body english.

I think the wider bars and the more upright seating position help.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM

Adventure bikes are just so great ergonomically, though if you're of short stature like me, it could be a bit challenging balancing at stops.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

I'm not short so hopefully balancing wont be an issue aha. Well a more ergonomic bike is certainly what I'm looking for, as I'm pretty sure my back has had enough of being straddled over a gas tank. Hearing that the bike is extremely comfortable and balanced makes me think this may be a natural next step. Have you guys tested its off road capability yet? I like to go trail riding in the summer, but I'm currently just using a tiny Honda dirtbike.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not short so hopefully balancing wont be an issue aha. Well a more ergonomic bike is certainly what I'm looking for, as I'm pretty sure my back has had enough of being straddled over a gas tank. Hearing that the bike is extremely comfortable and balanced makes me think this may be a natural next step. Have you guys tested its off road capability yet? I like to go trail riding in the summer, but I'm currently just using a tiny Honda dirtbike.
I have ridden some gravel and dirt and it did ok on those. Not so goog on mud! I am thinking about putting on some tru dusl sport tires. Which the Scorpion Trail IIs are not! They are great street tires tho.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Welcome to the forum!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 10:15 AM

New tires does make a huge difference when it comes to off-road riding, maybe a good set of knobbies is what you're looking for to dig through all the mud.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page