LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Multi from Netherlands

After my ST2 with me on it got hit by a truck I am glad to still be able to write you this topic. Drove ST2's for almost 10 years and loved them. Now I am in need for a more comfort riding position. Have always loved the Multistrada's look but to be honoust I wasn't into doubling the hp. Gladly while still in pain the 950 was introduced. As far as specs count she fell into my range. I tried a V-Strom, mostly because of what I read in reviews and the dealer is very near. Can understand why some go for them, but I missed the thrill of riding (besides some other personal dislikes).

Had to travel for two hours to get a test ride on the 950, but my 1,5 hour test ride made me smile all the way. I did experience the neutral between 5 and 6 a few times, but besides that I had no negative experience at all. Came back at the dealer, took a few munites to not look desperate and ordered one in white with touring pack.

Could pick her up last friday. Driven 500 km in breaking in style. Have no problem with any gear so far. Smooth as #$% and only have slight difficulty with neutral itself. Getting used to switch modes is getting more easy. Switching off turning lights sometimes gets the menu active, but I think that is more about finding the right touch. Is It?
I do think I will get the comfort seat because my butt hurts a bit after few hours ride. But when I get off the bike that is gone. I drive long distances for fun and sometimes because I have to, so that is the first mod I think off.

This far I am super happy wit the bike. The only dislike is I have to work and can not ride

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page