2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Motorcycles as anti-anxiety medication?

I would argue yes: 10 minutes after I came home from a ride today, I hooked up my little electronic BP measuring device and registered a pulse rate of 53 BPM my lowest ever observed value since the beginning of record keeping!
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:19 PM

Motorcycles are definitely easier to be a stress relief than cars are because you're not caged. That being said, I love a good ride to relinquish that stress and anxiety, but I also love a good spirited drive in my car as well.

Short answer... yes motorcycles are great as an anti-anxiety medication lol
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 PM

Just like how some people smoke, drink or do drugs, this is our Vice. Except here we aren't slowly killing ourselves, its just idiots around us in cages that will!
mmshiro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 12:44 PM

I don't know about you guys but I get a thrill and my heart rate increases haha. I love it though and it's definitely a stress reliever.
mmshiro likes this.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
I don't know about you guys but I get a thrill and my heart rate increases haha. I love it though and it's definitely a stress reliever.
that's part of why I like riding around cagers, fun ducking and diving between them on the highway and in the city, not nearly as exciting when you have the road to yourself. that's a bit on the wild side but its my thrill aside from all the other situations we can be in as riders.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Yupp they're like sporadically spread large cones so it becomes a bit of an obstacle course haha. An empty area is great for hitting real high speeds safely but on the highway with the cars, it's much more involvement
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:01 AM

It's just the exhilaration I think that would be the greatest thing and what makes it so amazing.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Yupp they're like sporadically spread large cones so it becomes a bit of an obstacle course haha. An empty area is great for hitting real high speeds safely but on the highway with the cars, it's much more involvement
Better to be prepared than stuck in situations that make you vulnerable. I know some guys that ride in the city all the time for years without issues, lots of close calls but preparation saves them.

Skill as a rider is underestimated, not just hop on and ride. I guess we can say its an art?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:36 PM

It definitely is an art in my opinion at least. But what I find is, it's either you got it, or you don't. A lot of guys don't want to admit it, but they just can't do certain things and it's okay. That's when you see people attempting certain things they shouldn't and people get hurt. For example, me, I can't do any crazy stunts or anything and I know mentally I don't want to and don't want to attempt it, so, I just don't.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStrada View Post
It definitely is an art in my opinion at least. But what I find is, it's either you got it, or you don't. A lot of guys don't want to admit it, but they just can't do certain things and it's okay. That's when you see people attempting certain things they shouldn't and people get hurt. For example, me, I can't do any crazy stunts or anything and I know mentally I don't want to and don't want to attempt it, so, I just don't.
Correct.

Operate within your limits and always practice.
When I got my first bike I spend a lot of time riding around quite roads to get a good feel of it. What that does to your confidence when riding in the city as a new rider can't be expressed enough.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page