2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 12:21 AM

It really depends on the roads for me, my heart rate would probably go down when I'm cruising down a rural road with plenty of trees and nature to look at. But weaving in and out of traffic would definitely increase my heartbeat.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 02:24 PM

I've often seen a lot of brand new riders riding about in the busy city areas and I believe that's something you just really shouldn't do. Other drivers typically don't know that you're a new driver, quite frankly they don't care. So when you start stalling out or making mistakes and it inconveniences them in the slightest bit, they start honking or giving you a hard time and that in turn takes a huge bash on your confidence and self-esteem which can push you away from riding or just make you want to give up entirely.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:14 AM

Can't say that I haven't seen that before but it doesn't happen too often thankfully. I do see a lot of people practicing their turning and what not in the big empty school parking lots in the evening time in my area though. Actually seen a couple people go out there and set up cones all over the place and made their own obstacle course.

Once you aren't disturbing and inconveniencing anyone, power to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStrada View Post
I've often seen a lot of brand new riders riding about in the busy city areas and I believe that's something you just really shouldn't do. Other drivers typically don't know that you're a new driver, quite frankly they don't care. So when you start stalling out or making mistakes and it inconveniences them in the slightest bit, they start honking or giving you a hard time and that in turn takes a huge bash on your confidence and self-esteem which can push you away from riding or just make you want to give up entirely.
Most rides don't venture out to places like this for information or even go beyond what they learned in riding school. So its easy to see why that might be the case. Most experinced riders i know suggest perfecting your riding out of the traffic then take yourself in traffic.

Not every driver is ready to react to a stalled bike, which can get ugly.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:35 AM

That would definitely be ugly. Once I seen someone learning on the street, and she ended up dropping the bike on the side of the road in a turning lane and couldn't pick it back up. Thankfully someone was walking by and got to her before I did and helped her get it back up.

Another tip : When going out to practice, it's always a great idea to go with someone else just in case.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
That would definitely be ugly. Once I seen someone learning on the street, and she ended up dropping the bike on the side of the road in a turning lane and couldn't pick it back up. Thankfully someone was walking by and got to her before I did and helped her get it back up.

Another tip : When going out to practice, it's always a great idea to go with someone else just in case.
Well part of picking a bike up is technique. You have to understand weight balance. One trick is to turn the front wheel as you're trying to push it up. There are a few videos out there on this. The other part is to.... get ready for it.... hit the gym!

I see too many squids on bikes that weight 5x they do, not good, stop chasing CC's.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 04:03 PM

For a lot of guys CC is there way of boosting their egos and it's all wrong. You can't be shopping around for bikes like that. Go with something tailored for you that you know you can handle in any scenario.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStrada View Post
For a lot of guys CC is there way of boosting their egos and it's all wrong. You can't be shopping around for bikes like that. Go with something tailored for you that you know you can handle in any scenario.
Thus why education is important since when you understand why one CC range over another for your current state as a rider, it really puts you in the best position possible. Squids are the opposite
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:46 PM

I agree 100% , everytime I see squids out there, I cringe so much. Seen way too many injuries that could have been drastically reduced if proper gear was worn. The sad part is, some of them don't even learn after the first incident
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
I agree 100% , everytime I see squids out there, I cringe so much. Seen way too many injuries that could have been drastically reduced if proper gear was worn. The sad part is, some of them don't even learn after the first incident
Hopefully you don`t live too close to them otherwise your insurance rates have been likely impacted because of it. Lucky for us Ducati guys there aren`t as many squids around, I think it's mostly with the Kawi, Yamaha, Honda and Harley communities.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page