LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

New Multi 950 Review

Just came across this review and as nice as it is I wish he compared it to more bikes like the tracer.
interested in what everyone else here has to say about this review.

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 02:28 PM

Garage
Nice review, seems like a basic "first ride" review. Will be interested to see what he has to say a bit further along. Bike works for me!

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950
'14 Ultra Classic HD
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM

He has a wrap up review now. I think he did a very fair review of it and anyone should be left with a very favorable impression. He is for sure a Ducati fan (as am I), but note that he owns a BMW R1200GS along with a 959 Panigale.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon42 View Post
Nice review, seems like a basic "first ride" review. Will be interested to see what he has to say a bit further along. Bike works for me!
That's one of the reasons why I wish owners would do more reviews in that format because they are the only true long term owners and not always are reviewers from publications nearly as knowledgeable.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 10:14 PM

That'll happen over time. Longer term owners usually post something up after the first maintenance or a while after.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
That'll happen over time. Longer term owners usually post something up after the first maintenance or a while after.
Still more value out of that than some random from a publication. Rarely will you find someone who are really about these bikes and meanwhile works for a publication, its just not where real enthusiasts are at.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 01:22 PM

Are there any owners on here who have shared their personal in depth impressions/reviews of the 950? I've seen that there are those who have insisted that the multistrada is a fantastic ADV bike, especially for those looking for something with different ergonomics than whats found on a traditional sports bike.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Are there any owners on here who have shared their personal in depth impressions/reviews of the 950? I've seen that there are those who have insisted that the multistrada is a fantastic ADV bike, especially for those looking for something with different ergonomics than whats found on a traditional sports bike.
I did a little write-up from a 4,000 miles, one-year ownership perspective somewhere on this forum (as a response, to a thread starter). Nothing has changed, pushing 4,500 miles and not having winterized her, so riding all winter whenever safe to keep the battery fresh and cycle the fuel. The coldest I rode was a half hour or so in 17F.

I am looking for a clip-on for, or a taller replacement of, the wind screen as my visor on the dual sport helmet acts like reed in an oboe at about 45 mph and above. (When I duck or touch the visor, the vibration stops.) The chain seems to rust readily, even with ACF50 meticulously applied with a tooth brush - no idea how that is with other bikes, especially in winter, as my previous bike had a belt.

Other than that, my previous observations stand.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 03:07 PM

Okay ill try to search around for that original post thanks. And I've seen that an aftermarket wind screen can be one of the first accessories that new owners change on their bike. Unfortunately there isn't enough grease/oil in the world to keep rust at bay. Most chains are made of steel, which contains iron. As we know when water and oxygen mix, we get iron oxide (rust).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 11:36 PM

The best ting you can do to prevent chain rust is to properly clean and oil them, especially after riding through anything wet. Every time I ride in the rain I clean and then oil the chains to get rid of added moisture and dirt.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page