LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

A little video

Nothing much going on around the forum, so here's a little cruising video. Do not watch this if you live in straight-line-highways country!

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 01:14 PM

I was watching this and with the nice laid back cruising and that trumpet playing, I actually started to feel really darn mellow and relaxed haha! Thanks for sharing that with us! How many miles do you have on the clock now?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

I just hit 1300. I'm getting more familiar with the physics of the bike (in terms of muscle memory and automatic control), so I have by now used a good bit more lateral tire, too - probably as much as I'm ever going to use. Leaning to the inside of the turn on the road is still a lot more natural than counter-weighting on the dirt, though I rationally understand the reasoning for either. Zero problems from the bike, knock on wood! My wife enjoys her $1000 backrest (a.k.a."top case").
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 04:13 PM

Lol $1000 back rest, well once the wife is comfy up there, and I guess the grid works good for some grab handles for her as well? Glad to hear no issues so far yet, but 1,300 miles, I presume you went through the first service already?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Oh yah, I had that done at around 800. That's when I got the top case, too. A little later this year I'll get the heated grips - I can layer everything to be comfy to around 40F but my hands.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Heated grips go a long way and are very worth spending the dollar on. If your hands get real cold and uncomfortable, that just makes for a very miserable ride. Have you looked into hand guards at all?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Have you looked into hand guards at all?
I'm not sure what you mean, which is probably not the hand guards that protect from getting hit by branches on the trail, because those already come with the bike. Is there a different kind?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page