LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Warranty Term Info

Just so everyone knows, Warranty for US Multistrada 950 owners is posted below.
If you're familiar with Ducati USA warranty terms this will be very familiar to you.
  • WARRANTY (MONTHS): 24 months unlimited mileage
  • MAINTENANCE (KM/MONTHS): 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
  • VALVE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT (KM): 30,000 km (18,000 mi)
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 05:34 PM

Thanks for posting. Wonder how difficult it is to tackle valve clearance adjustments though.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:30 PM

Yea, valve clearance adjustments is not something I would touch as I'm not confident in my ability to do so and it could harm the bike. Access to shims is the hardest part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Throwing up a poll here on how many members would do their own maintenance will be interesting since this is sort of a unique segment. On one side you have the older riders that might not care to be as hands on as they used to, but at the same time there are older riders here that have the time, know how and tools. Same goes for younger riders although they're more into the supersports
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:25 PM

I think there are a lot more people that do their own basic maintenance. But a very small margin that tackle anything serious.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:49 PM

The multistrada may be one of those bikes where I may look into getting extended warranty for just because of the sheer amount of mileage the bike will see every year. Especially if someone uses it as both a daily ride and for long trips.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
The multistrada may be one of those bikes where I may look into getting extended warranty for just because of the sheer amount of mileage the bike will see every year. Especially if someone uses it as both a daily ride and for long trips.
Don't forget the increased odds of problems with these Ducati's, not exactly known as the most reliable and dependable bikes out there but definitely still worth it. I just hope we won't have too many pressing issues. Hypermotard should help in finding out what issues we will have.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:34 PM

Yea, there's a lot of Hypermotard stories out there and it's more something you come to expect than the odd lemon. Hopefully the Multistrada 950 is more reliable because I do not want to be stranded in the middle of a ride. Warranty repairs are one thing, but getting a lift and stuck on a ride is another.

Anyone familiar with the other Multistrada models and common problems with them?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Yea, there's a lot of Hypermotard stories out there and it's more something you come to expect than the odd lemon. Hopefully the Multistrada 950 is more reliable because I do not want to be stranded in the middle of a ride. Warranty repairs are one thing, but getting a lift and stuck on a ride is another.

Anyone familiar with the other Multistrada models and common problems with them?
I know Crankshaft issues are common with Ducati's and here that might have been addressed although its too early to tell. But maybe our odds are better now:

Quote:
For 2016, the Hypermotard has been bumped from 821 cc to 937 cc, which bumps power slightly from 110 horsepower to 113 at 9,000 RPM and 65.8 lb-ft of torque to 72.2 lb-ft at 7,500 RPM. This is achieved through a larger bore (94 mm vs 88 mm), which is paired with new pistons, rods, and a new crankshaft. It also gets a new oil cooler and Euro4 compliant exhaust system.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 PM

Whole new rotating assembly should hopefully gives us better odds at avoiding issues like that. But typically one small miscalculation and it all goes to crap. Maybe the oil cooler will help?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page