LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:52 PM

This does create a sense of affordability when it comes to higher end motorcycle brands like Ducati and I'm sure it'll work with younger buyers who are so used to seeing monthly payments instead of the whole cost of something. Right now it's monthly leases for cars, monthly credit card bills with interest, etc. The one from Ducati will be one more thing on the long list of monthly payments.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:50 PM

It would be interesting to see how taking out a loan would be with a Bank vs Ducati. Ducati being new to the scene, it might be easier with them. But the real question with that will be interest rate. How many here would go through Ducati financing?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 12:44 PM

Never. I always buy my motorcycles cash, this method is great for negotiations and I won't have to deal with interest which adds up over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Personally, I'm a person that prefers buy cash outright as well. Rather not have the commitment and like @ATGATT said, I don't like having to deal with interest making something more expensive than it really needs to be. It is great for other people who can't buy it out right away though.

If it was between the bank and Ducati though, it just comes down to seeing what has a better interest rate. That's essentially it.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:05 PM

As much as I can pay it down without issue right on the spot, i haven't had much activity on my credit profile so paying more in the end for the bike will be worth the bit extra it does for my credit rating, which in turn supports my bigger goals.

It's always going to be different for everyone anyways.

Another area this helps Ducati is once they have special editions and campaigns running, some people need a little more time to gather their own funds, maybe we'll see this play out in the not too distant future.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Never thought of it in that way... hmm..

But you are right. Everyones situation is different and unique to the individual. It can only work as a benefit for Ducati in any way possible to be real.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:03 PM

New guy, just gonna stick my nose in here and get into the discussion But I'm actually in the same boat with strada2corsa in the sense of using this bike for a credit builder. Yea at the end I'll pay a little bit more, but pfft, it's nothing I'm worried about at all. When doing things like this you have to gauge and prep for the slight increase to pay.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStrada View Post
New guy, just gonna stick my nose in here and get into the discussion But I'm actually in the same boat with strada2corsa in the sense of using this bike for a credit builder. Yea at the end I'll pay a little bit more, but pfft, it's nothing I'm worried about at all. When doing things like this you have to gauge and prep for the slight increase to pay.
Welcome to the club
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:09 PM

Garage
Very interesting had I known leasing was an option I would have taken that route. I like leasing you get to change every couple of years and get the new technology.
Which in this case would have been cool my 2018 closeout does not have the new TFT dash, cornering ABS, self canceling turn indicators ( I would have really liked this feature ) and some other goodies, cruise control. Now I am deep in for 16K well I got spokes, white, bags, heated grips.

Oh well their will always be something you don't have. Besides the new 2019 would have cost me 19K to get the S out the door. and No white.
My numbers include reg, tax, dealer freight and prep, that's out the door.

Enjoy the ride.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:20 PM

Garage
Ducati offers 0% financing most of the year, keep your money in the bank. It's free money and thats hard to get.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page