1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Which Package?

Was browsing the Ducati website and went to the personalization section for the Multistrada 950 and there are 4 different packages available. I'll post the text associated with them that outlines what you get with each.

But which one will you be looking towards?

Quote:
Touring pack

The destination does not matter. What's important is to travel. The Granturismo soul of the Multistrada is provided for in the Touring package solutions. Side bags with a total capacity of 58 lt and a centre stand supports the bike when it's time for a break or to enjoy the view.
The package comprises a set of side panniers, with a total capacity of 58 lt, and a centre stand.
Quote:
Sport pack

Bursts of acceleration. Corners taken at speed. With the Sport package, the rider's sporty side is accentuated by the unmistakable sound of the Termignoni exhaust. The elegant aluminium brake fluid reservoir cap and frame plugs complete a kit dedicated to those seeking maximum performance on the road.
The package comprises a homologated Termignoni silencer (in line with EU homologation standards), aluminium brake fluid reservoir cap and frame plugs.
Quote:
Urban pack

Practicality is essential when riding in the city. The Urban package ensures sufficient space for all that you need to carry from home to work with its 48 lt top case. The convenient pocket tank bag means that you can keep your smartphone handy and charge it thanks to the practical USB port. For an increasingly smart riding experience.
The package comprises a 48 lt top case, a semi-rigid tank bag that is quick to attach/detach, and USB port.
Quote:
Enduro pack

It doesn't matter if the tarmac ends. Riding a dirt track becomes even more enjoyable thanks to the Enduro package. Touratech protectors for the engine, radiator and undertray protect the bike, while off-road foot pegs guarantee maximum riding control. LED lights improve safety and enhance the off-road character of the bike. The Enduro package is completed with the useful enlarged side stand base.
The kit contains: extra lights, engine guard in steel tubing, radiator protection grille, extension plate for the stand, off-road footpeg set.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:47 PM

I'm all about the sport pack. When aiming for the most amount of fun on my daily commutes with the various situations i'll be in there's just nothing better. Primarily i'll be going from the suburbs to downtown, punching it down the highway and various straights on the street will be FUN.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM

I'd like to combine the Touring and Enduro pack is possible. I've always been a proponent for motorcycle protection including sliders and frames in case something happens. Even if I don't take the 950 off road all that often, it's nice to know that the engine and radiator will be fine if I laid the bike down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

I'm definitely eyeing the enduro pack as well because of the protection and I personally love the way guards look aesthetically as well lol. Extra lights is always a plus though.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGATT View Post
I'd like to combine the Touring and Enduro pack is possible. I've always been a proponent for motorcycle protection including sliders and frames in case something happens. Even if I don't take the 950 off road all that often, it's nice to know that the engine and radiator will be fine if I laid the bike down.
With the ability to get those protectors after I never prioritized it as much, its the least thing I worry about, plus if you park in the right places and are experienced enough as a rider there's a slim chance you'll drop it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Even the most experienced riders do have situations. Also, depending on what you plan on doing with your bike, where your located, your commutes, etc, it's hard to say "experienced enough as a rider there's a slim chance".
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:48 PM

Sometimes it's out of your hands and accidents do happen even with defensive riding. But I also plan to take the multistrada 950 off road so there's a higher chance of me laying it down. Don't mind the battle scars so long as the main components remain undamaged and that's where the Enduro pack comes in. The sport and Urban packs seem more suited to sport bikes than a tourer like the multistrada.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:27 PM

You definitely won't have much to worry about with the solid steel pipe protection and engine protection. I just need to get the luggage rack by itself to mount whatever aftermarket luggage solution I want.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 PM

Top cases are fine for daily hauling like groceries or somewhere to store your helmet, but they don't store as much as soft bags would and it's harder to stack things on top of each other.
strada2corsa likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGATT View Post
Top cases are fine for daily hauling like groceries or somewhere to store your helmet, but they don't store as much as soft bags would and it's harder to stack things on top of each other.
there will never be a one stop solution, at the end of the day these are just tools and depending on what each of us need as individuals, what we get will be predicated on that and only that.

anyone riding with delicate things like electronic devices should for no reason consider soft storage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page