View Poll Results: Star White Silk or Ducati Red?
Star White Silk 6 42.86%
Ducati Red 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Color Poll: Star White Silk or Ducati Red?

Which of the two colors are you planning to include on your order sheet? With how hard Ducati has been pushing Star White Silk I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it dominates the poll here

STAR WHITE SILK
- Racing Grey Frame
- Matte Grey Rims

DUCATI RED
- Racing Grey Frame
- Matte Grey Rims
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Knowing how important visuals are for everyone in deciding what color to get, I found a website ducati create that's entirely dedicated to the 950, full of all the pictures and videos you could ever want:

Ducati Multistrada 950
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:17 PM

Now that is a great site to see some cool photos of both colors in different lighting and what not. But I'll be going for the white. Love, have always loved, and will always love the White that Duc offers lol. And if I ever choose to try and accent it with colors, literally anything goes with white so I don't have to be worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Now that is a great site to see some cool photos of both colors in different lighting and what not. But I'll be going for the white. Love, have always loved, and will always love the White that Duc offers lol. And if I ever choose to try and accent it with colors, literally anything goes with white so I don't have to be worried.
With how easy white is to find in Ducati's promo material it has me thinking that they too have some objective around white vs red and some deeper reasons for choosing it. Won't be surprised at even the slightest to see this reflected into sales.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 PM

Maybe the red is a special blend of paint that costs more than the white? Ducati can market the white multistrada 950 all they want, but I still want it in the classic red. Just more iconic to the brand and it pops out from the background.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Looking at Ducati's line up more i'm starting to see how much red suits their sports line, which white doesn't do nearly as well. But on the ADV bikes, white looks much better. Here it seems red might just be for the Ducati loyalists that always went with red.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 06:16 PM

I chose white because for me the red does not come through as like on a supersport which is red al around. If I bought a supersport it would be red.
I test rode a red one. Seeing my white for the first time assured me I made the right choice.
strada2corsa likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi950 View Post
I chose white because for me the red does not come through as like on a supersport which is red al around. If I bought a supersport it would be red.
I test rode a red one. Seeing my white for the first time assured me I made the right choice.
Good call and that compares well to all the supersports I have seen so far. Just goes to show red doesn't always work for Ducati, although I do wish they had some tri-color paint with a bit of white in it. This Multi would wear tri well.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:56 AM

White for me. I don't think you can go wrong with Ducati red, I just prefer the matte white.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimerider View Post
White for me. I don't think you can go wrong with Ducati red, I just prefer the matte white.
I can see why, back when I was looking at the 950 review from Visor down this on picture really helped me with deciding on colors, to me the answer is so clear that I'm sure most folks would be decisive. At most they would have to see these in person:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page