1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Time For A Break

Wellp, getting older now, but still a fair bit youthful if I do say so myself. The only problem is, the ol' back isn't liking sport bikes anymore. Used to ride them all the time a few years ago until I got into an accident (not on a bike) so I took some time off.

Now I'll be needing something that's a good bit friendlier and this seems appropriate. Always wanted a Duc, so now's the time.

Thanks for having me,
Phil
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:24 PM

Welcome to the fold! Sport bikes do look great but they aren't the most comfortable especially on long rides. Ergonomically, that's just not the optimal position for your back to be bent so adventures seems to be the way to go unless you want a cruiser. Personally not a fan of them.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Never really been one for the cruiser stylings either so that's out of the question. Typically the arm positioning for cruisers could get uncomfortable as well (depending on which you get) so I'll just avoid all of that and go for something much more straightforward and simplistic in the sense.
strada2corsa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Never really been one for the cruiser stylings either so that's out of the question. Typically the arm positioning for cruisers could get uncomfortable as well (depending on which you get) so I'll just avoid all of that and go for something much more straightforward and simplistic in the sense.
With the increase of new riders coming to the market overall what i'm noticing is this new era of riders are favoring more up-right riding than the typical sporty ergo's everyone use to gravitate towards.

It's probably why bikes with more up-right ergo's like this and cafe's like the Yamaha XSR700 are taking off.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Back then, as soon as new riders were ready to start up they were running for Ninjas and CBRs lol. Also helps that a lot of the lower cc bikes now come looking like their larger, up stream family members.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:45 PM

Yes.

I remember when CBR250's looked so bad that you would think it had no more than 150cc's going for them, even Grom's look better than CBR250's of the past. Glad to see the industry has come a long way, a much needed change.

The downside is guys who actually own higher CC bikes now have lower CC bikes that have design with characteristics more in common than they would want.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Lol they went from this.. to this..

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 01:11 PM

Low CC bike these days can look like liter bikes with all the fancy fairings and large bodies, probably helps with attracting new riders who wants something cool and sporty. After a while you realize that they aren't all that comfortable as a daily rider and you want something more comfortable with better ergonomics. That seems to be the trend with new adventure and touring bike owners.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Lower cc bikes that look like larger bikes also inspire a lot of confidence. A lot of the douchey riders try to give people that ride 250-300cc bikes a bad name saying it's a baby bike. So when it looks like a full-on liter sibling, it makes them feel less "inferior" even though they have no reason to.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Lol they went from this.. to this..

Your too kind. How about a Ninja 250 from the 90's?

(i think it gets worse than this)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page