LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

First Adventure

Coming from sport bikes and spending plenty of butt breaking hours on them, I've decided to go the more ergonomically friendly route of adventure bikes. Still has some of the aesthetics of a sport bike but with a more upright riding position and comfortable seat for my derriere.

Perhaps the new Multistrada 950 is what I'm looking for, just enough power for a fun jaunt around the countryside.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 PM

It's going to take some getting used to, the first couple of weeks especially. Most guys I know making the transition find it takes some time. Have you at least tried sitting on a number of adventure bikes to help adjust yourself?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 04:16 PM

Seat height would also be quite different from sport bikes (depending on which you had) to an adventure bike so that may need some getting used to as well but they should have three options I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 03:38 PM

well, the overall ergonomics will be impacted since just about everything changes, its a world of difference from sport to adv. so much so that some older people I know have a harder time adjusting to sport bikes
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 07:21 PM

A lot of people give up sport bikes approaching the older ages. I barely see older riders going towards sport bikes in general.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
A lot of people give up sport bikes approaching the older ages. I barely see older riders going towards sport bikes in general.
and these days they're ditching cruisers for naked sport bikes, everything just clicks for them on the nakeds; ergonomics, styling, power, and so on.

i think some cruiser brands noticed this so much they started coming out with cruisers that appeal to younger folks, have to pay the bills and keep the lights on some how.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 12:42 PM

Harley just came out with that new street rod. That's definitely aimed at the younger guys as it has that sporty look going on with it.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

I hate those tiny tanks, just not enough fuel to go very far before needing to fuel up. Even my sport bikes had larger tanks than those. Probably why I want to go for an adventure or touring model next.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Their not really bikes geared towards going long distances though so it's not that bad. Gotta love all the parts and accessories Harley has available with their bikes when they come out though.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

I'm most likely just biased when it comes to Harley Davidson, even if I grudgingly do like the amount of accessories and aftermarket parts they have. Why won't you guys wave to me!?!!?

Anyways, those cruiser type bikes just aren't really what I'm looking for. I've even sat on their new Roadster and it's honestly not what I'm looking for. Doesn't feel like there's enough substance under me compared to something like a multistrada.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page