LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

New Member saying Hello

Hello,
I am considering a new Multistrada 950S, test ride booked. I am a little short for it at 5ft 8 inches, but it seems to be ideal to help me get my wife on the back again. Currently have a Triumph Street Triple RS; a Suzuki Burgman 650 and a Yamaha Xenter 125. Looking to reduce to one vehicle, as the Burgman does not work for me (back ache on longer rides), the Xenter is to do the JogLe in June. I do fairly high mileages per annum, so looking for reliability and longevity in my next bike, too.
I will read your views and advice with eagerness, even though I am about to hit 60! Eek.
Bill.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
Hello,
I am considering a new Multistrada 950S, test ride booked. I am a little short for it at 5ft 8 inches, but it seems to be ideal to help me get my wife on the back again. Currently have a Triumph Street Triple RS; a Suzuki Burgman 650 and a Yamaha Xenter 125. Looking to reduce to one vehicle, as the Burgman does not work for me (back ache on longer rides), the Xenter is to do the JogLe in June. I do fairly high mileages per annum, so looking for reliability and longevity in my next bike, too.
I will read your views and advice with eagerness, even though I am about to hit 60! Eek.
Bill.
Fosil to Fosil I can say you will love the bike. I am a little over 6' and had to remove the rubber footpeg inserts and add the taller Ducati comfort saddle, 20mm higher to make it fit so you should be just about perfect size. The bike's fuelling is spot on, making maneuvering and riding slow a a breeze, even for us ancients Enjoy the test ride. The bike has plenty of power ( less than a second slower than the 1260 from 0 -60 mph), quick enough for most,
David D
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 AM

Welcome! I'm 5'8" and I don't have an issue with the height. However I'm used to being on toes. I have a friend same height and he got the low seat and is happy. you can also purchase a suspension collar that also lowers bike another 20mm.

Cheers!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page