LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Weighting my options

Hey everyone,

My name is Andy, I'm from Phoenix. I'm planning to buy a new practical bike for myself, but not sure which one to choose (KTM, HONDA, DUCATI). I've never had experience with Ducati, so I want to hear with are your thoughts about this motorcycle.

Cheers
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy950 View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Andy, I'm from Phoenix. I'm planning to buy a new practical bike for myself, but not sure which one to choose (KTM, HONDA, DUCATI). I've never had experience with Ducati, so I want to hear with are your thoughts about this motorcycle.

Cheers
Well, this is my 2nd Duc. The first thing you may find is that accessories are expensive and there may not be as many available as some other bikes. It would seem Ducati plays things pretty close to the chest in not wanting to let service manuals and such out to the average joe. However, if you are like a lot of us, we like the challenge and the fact that you most likely will not see a lot of Duc's on the road when you ride. I like having something different from the "normal" run of the mill.

I find that Duc's are basically no different than many other marques. What set's them apart is the desmo valve train. If you aren't real handy with a wrench you will most likely be taking your bike in every 18k miles for a valve check/service. Then there are the cam belts that will need attention every so often, but shouldn't be a problem for a normal gear head biker. Keep in mind that other makes also need maintenance concerning their valves and such. It all pretty much evens out.

I guess you could say it all depends on what flavor you like! Do research on the bikes you are interested in then make your choice. You will always find those that complain on forums. Most people will post about their bike problems, but not many will post about "none problems". I love my MTS950.

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950
'14 Ultra Classic HD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 10:46 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page