LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mirrors

The only thing after 3k km I dislike about the 950 are the mirrors. They vibe above 5000rpm like you can't see what drives behind you. Yes I see 2 headlights, but what car or if it's police is impossible to see. Going up in rpms make it worse of course.

Can't be alone on this I guess. Does anyone have a tip to solve this? What would be decent alternative mirrors?
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 AM

I have not noticed that problem on mine. Do you feel vibration in the bars? I would check the mounting bolts to make sure all are tight. Mirror mounts and handlebars.

just a ragged clown behind...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

The bike feels normal.
I checked all bolts and tightened them if I could, but with no succes. Went back to the dealer to ask advice and they told me there was no real solution. they will try switching mirrors with the demo model when it is available. And gave me the advice to try put something in between mirror and casing...
I understand a ducati vibrates, but seeing 2 blurry cars ar 6000rpm and above on the left and one blurry on the left mirror is a pity. Had 1 car behing me of course.
I like to check if the law is behind me now and then. Or if co riders are still there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 03:34 PM

I paid more attention to the mirrors and rpm last ride and notice a slight amount of blur but not bad enough that I can't tell a pickup truck from an SUV or a patrol car from a Toyota Corolla. And it seems about the same for all rpm. When I bolted on RAM mounts for phone and GPS I sandwiched some foam rubber material between the u-bolt and bar to reduce vibration to the devices. It is available a Wal Mart and comes in a roll, inexpensive. Might help.

just a ragged clown behind...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the check and the advice.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 10:31 AM

Interesting... I have the exact issue...on my current ride a 2014 1200 gt. The mirrors shake like crazy and the only fix I have seen is the Ducati performance mirrors. Yesterday I test rode a 950 and remember thinking they finally sorted out that **** mirror shake!! They are using a new material in the mirror arm. Given that and other posts I think maybe it's limited to your bikes issue. I would loosen them right off, give a good cleaning and check for smoothness in the mirror mount base might need a quick sanding to remove any little burrs or rough spots. I did this to mine to no effect but it is easy and free. A small piece of rubber might help dampen the vibration too. If all fails I would ask the dealer if you could ride another 950 or if they would let you swap a mirror from a new bike for a quick ride to see if it goes away.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Good advice. Thanks.
But... Considering I bought a new bike and reading others don't have this problem, I am thinking about warrenty first.
I also read about 1200's which had the same problem and were solved with new mirrors. Also read the alignment of the engine could cause this problem. So I have few ways to turn I guess.
I know ducatis shake and vibrate but this is unacceptable to solve myselve for this amount of money. Am just a consumer.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 07:02 AM

i have the same issue on my 950. i was looking for alternative mirrors because of my fall. i scratched the left one and the new has about 100 euros. does anyone know some good mirrors to change them ?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagosm View Post
i have the same issue on my 950. i was looking for alternative mirrors because of my fall. i scratched the left one and the new has about 100 euros. does anyone know some good mirrors to change them ?
Rizoma makes a whole range of great mirrors. I ordered the Ducati performance mirrors, they look great. Also looking to add a set of these for protection. They look great too https://www.motovationusa.com/handgu...ati-SPM01.html
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoishi View Post
Rizoma makes a whole range of great mirrors. I ordered the Ducati performance mirrors, they look great. Also looking to add a set of these for protection. They look great too https://www.motovationusa.com/handgu...ati-SPM01.html
Very overpriced. especially the handguards. about 200 euros for what? the lower part of the handful costs 20 euros. It is better to change handful every time over the overpriced handguards.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page