LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Strange Noise

So, I have had this thing for about 6 months and have noticed a strange noise since purchase. It seems to be coming from the front... Radiator maybe? Anyhow, it sounds like a drop of water on a hot skillet being fried, or perhaps a short burst of air coming from a tire valve. It seems noticeable at about 5K RPM when it is not accelerating or decelerating. and happens about every 3 to 5 seconds when maintaining a constant rpm.

I have no idea if this is normal. I checked for radiator leaks and oil leaks, but nothing. Everything seems to be in order so i am not sure if I should even be concerned. Has anyone else experienced this with the 2018 multi 950? I should add that it is not terribly loud.

Last edited by blaks; 05-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:56 AM

Interesting. I probably wouldn't be able to hear it on mine since I'm always blasting out of corners... Has the initial break-in been performed ? If you can consistently repeat it, I would drive by the dealership and ask the mechanic to listen and see what's going on. It may be something as simple as the charcoal canister hose being loose. Let us know!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page