LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Checking In

I can see that people here ride their bike instead of talking about it - I approve. I bought my 950 in 2017...according to the dealership one of the first in the US market. I thought I might swing by to share my experiences, such as they are.

I still love the bike for the purpose I bought it for: bumpy country roads with the occasional dirt road. I do about 6000 miles a year, and I ride throughout winter - provided I get dry roads. I do at least one ride every two weeks (which is enough for the battery), and I only put 1-1.5 gallons in the tank (which prevents stale fuel). I still like the bike - nothing about it annoys me, as opposed to the BMW F800GT, on which I dreaded every bump and pothole.

The gear shift indicator is a bit out of whack since the bike got soaked in the rain. On that day, I had no gear higher than 2nd (just according to the display, not according to the transmission), and now just Neutral is a bit iffy (it shows 1 or 2 when I'm actually in neutral and the bike rolls with the clutch released). The chain rusts like crazy, ACF spray treatment notwithstanding.

Otherwise it's still a lovely bike, and I haven't felt the need to check out new bikes.

Hope y'all having fun with it, too!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 11:13 AM

-10C this morning here glad you get to ride
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181017_124739.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	869  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Garage
Devildogg, love those spoked wheels on your bike. Might have to get me a set.

Work sucks; lets ride!

'17 Multi 950
'14 Ultra Classic HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:09 AM

I have mine at the dealer for 18000 mike service and I asked them to check the gear indicator. It woulf flicker when in neutral, bothe the number and the green light. Also, the engine would kill if you put the sidestand down while in neutral. The dealer has determined the gearbox sensor is defective and Ducati has approved a replacement under warranty. Also replacing my chain and countershaft sprocket which are both worn out.

just a ragged clown behind...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Thanks, the dealer gave me an offer I couldn't refuse on the spoked wheel version

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page